This is my 5th year teaching second grade at Windham but my 18th year teaching! I have twin boys who will be starting kindergarten in the fall. I am excited for a new school year and can't wait to have lots of fun. I love to read, go camping and do projects with my boys.
I work with an amazing team that includes Mrs. Miller, Mrs. Whidden and Mrs. Espejo and various volunteers and support staff. We work together to meet the needs of all the learners in our learning community.
Some things to look forward to this year:
- Proficiency based instruction
- Customized learning
- Mindset activities
- STEM experiments
- Morning Meetings to build classroom community
- Instruction integrated with technology
- Lucy Calking Writer's Workshop
- Conflict Resolution
- Guided Reading Instruction
- Hands-on instruction in math
- And so much more...
OPEN HOUSE is Wednesday, August 22 at 5:30-6:30
First day is August 28 - Can't WAIT!