Hello! I have enjoyed a wonderful summer, and I am so excited for the school year of 2018-2019! First grade is such a wonderful year of growth in children. I am anticipating a fantastic year with my students, in which we learn, grow, and experience new things every day. As I enter my third year teaching at WPS, I grow more and more certain that this is a wonderful community committed to valuable, hands-on, and engaging education to create imaginative, respectful, and innovative life-long learners. I love working with the staff at WPS and doing our best to build a safe and caring environment for our learners.
About Mrs. V
- I was born and raised in Northern Kentucky.
- I moved to Southern Maine in June of 2016.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I love spending time with my husband, family, and friends and enjoy reading, and being outside, especially at the beach.
- My favorite food is pizza, and my favorite dessert is brownies.
- My favorite genre: Historical Fiction
- Favorite Kids’ Movie: Finding Nemo
- Favorite Kids’ Books: Rainbow Fish and the Dot.
Things you will find in my classroom community:
- Kindness in manners
- Student-focused instruction
- Customized learning
- Problem-Solving and Growth Mindset activities
- STEM projects
- Morning Meetings to build classroom community and social skills
- Instruction integrated with technology
- Lucy Calkins Reader's and Writer's Workshop
- Guided Reading Instruction
- Hands-on instruction in math
And much more
If a student or parent has any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached via the ClassTag app for the families that are a part of my classroom community, email, or call the school at: (207) 892-1840.
We are going to have a wonderful year!